Thursday 14 January 2016

Pongal / Makar Sankranti Traditional Rangoli with Spices/Vegetables&Fruits

"   "HAPPY PONGAL" to all my friends and well wishers. When I start this Rangoli, lot of ant guests came one by one to my home. Rangoli is not just an art,it is concept of "Live and Let Live". The Reason why we use rice powder was to feed ants and other lives.Traditional Rangoli were made of pasted raw rice(Makkolam). In south India, We draw Makkolam in our Pooja area. So you can draw/create this Rangoli in-front of your Pooja\ Puja Room or Pongal preparation area.Yesterday I got this idea from my elder son Gautham( 9 years old) and who helped me to fill the Rangoli with more vegetables & items which we are using for making Pongal.



Step 1: 3*2 dots to draw a pot and curve design. (if you are expert to draw a pot design directly and can go Step 2 onwards)


Step 2: Draw a Pot with inner side designs in the centre of your drawing area


Step 3: I made this rangoli for which we are using ingredients to make a Pongal in the Pongal pot and outer designs. Now start from top onwards, fill raw rice on the top of the pot. Raisins,lentils,cardamom,nuts,salt(on bottom of Pot) and jaggery are to decorate in the inner side shape.(Refer the below images)








Step 4: Use some flowers and raw rice to make a pongal pot to looks brighter. I skipped Jaggery to fill early because chances are there to melt and more ants will come early.





Step 5: Draw one more big circle to enlarge the decoration,use sugar-cane and more vegetables,banana's to decorate the Pongal traditional Rangoli design.



Step 6: Use Ground nuts for decorate the outer-line




Step 7: Lot of vegetables & Banana to decorate this Rangoli design on surrounding areas. Vegetables which I used for Rangoli are Beans, Carrot, Red raddish, Broad beans, Sweet potato, Cluster beans, Waby beans &Tomatoes.


Step 8: Draw a Makkolam (Rice Paste) on side to look more beauty. Makkolam should must for Pongal celebration on nearby your Pooja area. Beautiful Pongal/Makar Sankranti traditional Rangoli with Spices/Vegetables & Fruits ready to Welcome our Festivity mood...


Step 9: Use diyas to enhance the beauty of your Pongal \ Makar Sankranti Rangoli.










12 comments:

  1. No words to say , it's amazing and mind blowing dear 👏👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Hats of to ur talent! Such an amazing.. Creative rongali,keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Hats of to ur talent! Such an amazing.. Creative rongali,keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Very nice. Happy pongal Vanathi. I too tried your kolam for this pongal in my MIL home. Thanks for sharing your kolam to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pongal to you and your family ... Thanks a lot Abigail madam. Can you send me your Pongal rangoli? I want to post with your name..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I shared my kolam photo in Google plus.

      Delete
    2. I am not able to find out google+, shall u msg me thru FB

      Delete
  6. Omg this is stunning and creative !!! Love it

    ReplyDelete